Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday Three-way - Asian Marinade

I think on Thursdays for a while I am going to try to show you a sauce, marinade or other recipe that you can use three different ways.  I hope that everyone likes this idea.  I also hope it doesn't attract some creeps to my blog.  Tehehe!

This week's Asian Marinade went something like this...


For the marinade, I grated about an inch of ginger, and one large clove of garlic in to a bowl.  I added 1/4 cup of tamari, 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar, and a splash of orange juice, and mixed them til combined (it was still a little grainy).


I poured about a tablespoon of the marinade on to my side of salmon (Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon purchased at Aldi on the cheap), and brushed it on til it had a nice even coating.


 I then placed it in to a 475 degree oven (on a sheet pan obviously) and after 7 minutes took it out to give it another coat of shellac marinade.


 While it cooked the remaining 4 minutes (for a total of 11 minutes cooking time), I steamed a bag of carrots and broccoli.


 To which I added a generous tablespoon of the Asian marinade for flavor.


At this time, the salmon was finished and came out of the oven to rest.


Next, I took the remaining marinade (maybe a little over a tablespoon) and added peanut butter (about 1/4) to it because I had not been to the store to get almond butter and was too lazy too pulse some up in the food processor.


I had to pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds to get it to mix in to a smooth consistency.  If I had been making this for just the adults, I would have added a nice squeeze of sriracha to the mix for kicked up heat.


This was mixed with leftover brown rice noodles for a quick peanut noodle dish.  Normally when I make this I would add carrot shreds, edamame, and colored peppers to the noodles for added flavor and texture, but we had none of those items in the house that night.



  So, we ended up having an Asian glazed salmon, with soy ginger steamed vegetables, and peanut noodles for dinner.


 One sauce, three ways...ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment