Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Home Sweet Mess


Well, we are in the new house, but boy, oh boy do we have a mess on our hands.  So many boxes and so much paper!


When we arrived at the house, one of the windows was filled with little bugs and it really grossed me out.  Does anyone know what these are?  It gave me flashbacks of a rental house in Mississippi that had roaches the size of small children.  I think we could have saddled them and rode off in to the sunset.  Thankfully, a spray of rosemary oil mixed with spearmint oil was all it took to get rid of them.


There is a lot of cabinet space and a large pantry (just like Ina's) in the kitchen. I obviously have my priorities straight, because one of the very first boxes I unpacked in to that pantry was the one marked booze!  In fact it was one of the first boxes I unpacked at all.  The real irony there is that I have not had an adult beverage since we got here!



I am having a hard time figuring out where to put things in the kitchen.  The cabinets are really tall; I think taller than 42 inches.  My six-foot-four husband is having a hard time reaching the top shelf, so a step stool will be on my list of must gets.

I have a lot of furnishings that are going to need to be bought for this place.  It is much larger than any other house we have ever lived in.  You can expect future posts about my adventures in thrift-tiquing as well as yard saling.

There is still a TON of unpacking left to be done, and I have a deadline looming (Dinner Party scheduled for early November).  So, I will try to post a blog every day, but I still may be spotty until I get all the packing undone…errr unpacking done.

No comments:

Post a Comment