Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thanks to my guinea pigs!!!

Yesterday, I whipped up some dips and my famous Mac-n-Cheese, and sent it out to some friends to give me their opinions. The dips by the way were BLT dip, buffalo chicken dip, hot spinach and artichoke dip, and a peanut butter dip for apples. Anyway, one of my friends Jaime took notes as her family tried the various things that I had sent over. Her son gave me the best compliment I have ever received about cooking.

See I had put cracker crumbs on top of the Mac-n-Cheese, and Jaime's husband said, "I'm not big on the crackers on top but the flavor is amazing." Later he clarified, "I didn't dislike the crackers. Just if there was a dish and 1/2 had crackers and the other 1/2 didn't, I'd pick the 1/2 without." In response to what her husband said, her son said, "I am big on the crackers, I like their crunch. If she were on Iron Chef America, I'd pick her!"

A compliment like that from a child is just music to my ears. Sometimes as adults we hold back, but children are honest. If it is bad, they will let you know, and when they love something, they are equally good at letting you know that.

April and family are tonight's guinea pigs, so it will be interesting to see what they have to say. I already received a preliminary report that the spinach and artichoke dip is a big hit!!!

Thank you so much to Jaime and April for allowing me to subject your families to my science projects. Robin, I will get you next time. I am going to work on some soups next week!!!

Crab and corn chowder anyone?

1 comment:

  1. We would love to be samplers.
    Thanks for letting me know how to put comments on here. See you on Friday.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete