Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Well, Helllloooo Dolly!

I really love that because I am a coupon queen, when it comes time for Holiday baking I generally have all the ingredients needed for our favorite treats in my pantry or freezer.  Knowing that I didn't spend a lot of money but I am able to make treats that make people special always adds to my Holiday cheer!

Today's Treat:  Hello Dolly Bars

I start with Graham Cracker Crumbs, Butter, Dark Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Shredded Coconut, Walnuts, and Sweetened Condensed Milk.



I mix the Graham Cracker Crumbs with the Butter.


Then I press the mixture in to the bottom of a parchment lined 9x13 pan.


Next, I sprinkle on the Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips, then the Coconut, and last the Walnuts.


Once that is all spread out evenly, I drizzle on a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk, and put it all in the oven for 20 or so minutes at 350 degrees.


This is what the pan of finished Dollies looks like.


The torture is the hour that you have to wait for them to cool before you remove them from the pan and cut and enjoy!



Hello Dolly Bars-

2 1/2 c. Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 stick of butter, melted
1 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
1 cup of Butterscotch Chips
1 cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1 cup of Chopped Walnut or Pecans
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 0z)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  

Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper (I use a parchment liner for all of my bar cookies).

Combine the Graham Cracker Crumbs with the melted Butter.  Dump mixture into the bottom of the 9x13 pan, and press evenly for a uniform crust.

Next scatter the Dark Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Shredded Coconut, and Walnuts or Pecans evenly over the crust.  Don't fret about making sure they are perfect just dump the ingredients on making sure they spread out a bit.

Last pour the whole can of Sweetened Condensed Milk over the other ingredients.  It will spread out more as it bakes so again, try to spread it evenly, but don't fuss over it.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until everything is bubbling and golden brown.

Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 1 hour.  Lift from the pan and out onto a cutting board and cut into desired size squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment