Friday, September 21, 2012

Busy Bees

Things are busy and crazy here.  There is a whole lot of packing going on!


Some how I managed to squeeze in a very colorful and healthy lunch.


This salad was just Heavenly.  I had a bed of baby spinach (would have had more but it was the last of the container), about 3 ounces of grilled pork loin, a whole sliced carrot, a whole sliced cucumber, 1/2 of a sliced yellow pepper, and a pile of beets.  I love beets, and these ones just happened to be love beets.  They were the honey ginger variety (purchased at Whole Foods) and they were delicious.  The dressing is a Caesar that is made fresh at my whole foods.

We won't even talk about what I had for dinner, because it was not colorful, nor was it healthy.

Our washer and dryer are starting to get old, so I spent a good part of the day running around looking for a new set.  I refuse to pay retail for anything, so I decided to go looking of open box deals, and scratch and dent.  I hit the jackpot at Lowe's and found a matching Samsung HE front load washer and dryer set that were both on scratch and dent!  SCORE!  I paid less for the two of them than you could purchase just one of them off the showroom floor.  After they are delivered I will take pictures so you can see how scratched and dented they are.  For me, saving well over $1000 was well worth the scratches and dents.

No comments:

Post a Comment